If you are a junior golfer, or the parent of one, who is interested in pursuing a golf scholarship, you might want to get signed up for an upcoming seminar at Canadian Golf & Country Club.
On February 25th the west end Ottawa course will host the Golf Association of Ontario (GAO) “Going After a Golf Scholarship” program, an initiative that has helped countless numbers of golfers and families through the years.
The session is designed for all Junior Boys, Girls & their parents who are interested in the opportunities associated with Golf Scholarships. Event organizers says this is a process that individuals need to be aware of and understand at least 2 years before they graduate from High School.
Seminar topics will include:
• -The importance of academics.
• -The costs of going to school in the US – how to decide on the right program.
• -Marketing – how to tell the Coaches About you and your accomplishments.
• -Playing Ability – how good do you have to be?
• -The recruiting process, use of recruiters, and doing it yourself; NCAA criteria.
• -Use of the Internet
The cost of the 2.5 hour long seminar is $50.00 per family. Net proceeds will go to the GAO Junior Scholarship Fund. The registration fee includes various handouts, research information, and a continental breakfast.
To register for this seminar or for more detailed information please click here.