With the 2014 PGA TOUR season already into it’s second full event of the calendar year the TOUR is now offering an enhanced new official app for iPhone and Android operating systems.
The Tour says it “features a clean new look, easy access to video highlights and an array of new additions, including player shot trails at all ShotLink laser-supported tournaments.”
“In redeveloping these apps from the ground up, we wanted to take advantage of the latest operating systems offered across a variety of devices,” said Luis Goicouria, PGA TOUR Vice President of Digital Media Business Development and Operations. “We are really excited about the new look and functions, which were designed to further enhance our fans’ experience and their ability to get closer to the action through features like shot trails on the players’ scorecards.”
Through these new apps, PGA TOUR fans will have access to:
– Real-time leaderboard with player shelf allowing quick access to player scorecards, profile, and video
– Live player scorecards now featuring shot trails, play by play, and live stats
– Groupings view with tee times and location information
– Access to live video for every PGA TOUR event
– Video on demand including tournament highlights, round recaps, player features, and more
– Course detail with hole layouts, descriptions, and live stats for each hole
– Schedule for the entire season
– All the latest news from PGATOUR.COM
– Push notifications for following your favorite Tour and players
– Champions Tour, Web.com Tour, NEC Series-PGA TOUR Latinoamérica, and PGA TOUR Canada coverage
The apps are now available for download from the iTunes App Store and through Google Play.
Manotick, Ontario’s Brad Fritsch is in the field at the Sony Open in Hawaii this week.
If you didn’t happen to catch it, Brad phoned in from paradise to talk to Steve and Jason of “In The Box” on TSN1200 Ottawa on Wednesday. He shared insight on his golf season, his new posture, his plans to stay healthier in 2014, and his perspective on this week’s host golf course.
You can hear the interview at this link.
The PGA of Ottawa will reveal their 2014 schedule Flagstick.com Players Tour next week. We are proud to sponsor this tour for another season. You can also now follow the PGA of Ottawa on Twitter @PGAofOttawa